Skip to main content

Another fun mini album make

 Hellloooooo, sadly the eeeby geebies got the better of me this week after filming so I'm a little later than panned sharing the last of this weeks easy to make albums
So here it is, a fun little 8" x 5" album, perfect to add a picture under each pocket on the pages. The structure is made from card/cardstock and is just the right size to alter in papers from the smaller pads we have in our hoards:-)  
My Ambassador box arrived direct from Graphic 45 on Tuesday. Thank you Diane, Charee and Aimee for all the gorgeous new collections.  Each one is absolutely stunning.  Much as I wanted to get creating I could only bring myself to cut into three papers from the Midnight Masquerade collection to use on this little album. I found a pad of An Eerie Tale patterns and solids and used the purple and orange papers on the inside pages.  The colours from both collections work so well together. I had to add a few feathers to finish off the masks on the front cover................. too. 
Here's a couple more pictures of the first of my little albums, the supply list and video video for you to follow along to if you fancy making this little album yourself.
 all the pages have a simple band on them -
 the album is all tied up with a ribbon .................
Supply List 
7 sheets card or card stock in your chosen colour 
Pages 
Cut five at 5: deep x 11" wide and score at 8" 9" 10".  Crease score lines and concertina up the 1" sections 
Bands - from left over card cut 10 piece 5" deep x 1 3/4" wide
Covers 
Piece 1 - Cut one piece 5 1/4" deep x 11 1/4" wide.  Score at 1 3/4, 2 1/4" 10 1/4" and 10 3/4" from one end.  Fold and crease score lines 
Piece 2 - cut at 5 1/4" deep x 7 3/4" wide - score 1" in from one 5 1/4" edge
Bands for inside covers - cut two 5 1/4" deep x 1 3/4" wide 
Papers for outer covers 
Take one 12 x 12 sheet of designer paper - cut into two strips 5 1/8" deep x 12" wide 
From one cut the following pieces one 7 7/8" wide,  two 3/8" wide one 1 5/8" wide one 7/8" wide
From the second cut one piece 7 3/4" wide
Papers for the inside covers 
Take a second 12 x 12 sheet of designer paper, cut into two strips 5 1/8" deep x 12" wide and cut out the following pieces for the inside front and back covers;
Cut one at 7 5/8" - inside front cover 
Cut one 6 7/8" wide - inside back cover
Cut one 3/8" wide - inside right of cover
Cut one 1 5/8" inside flap of cover 
Paper for bands on inside covers cut two 5 1/8" x 1 5/8"    
Papers for inside pages 
cut 10 at 4 7/8" deep x 6" wide 
Paper for bands cut 10 4 7/8" x 1 5/8" 

Now you're ready to click on the video to follow along to make your album too. (apologies for my dodgy voice!!!! I really have got a killer cold) 
I'm off down to Birds in the Barn, Marks Tey, Colchester tomorrow to host a Fabric Covered Journal class at Janets' fabulous shop, so I'm going to head off and finish putting the kits together.  Enjoy your day, thanks for calling by and enjoy your weekend.  I"ll be back with some pics from our class in a couple or days or so :-) 

Comments

  1. Hi Clare, You poor thing, thankfully your voice held out for your video. This mini smash book is fabulous and looks quite an easy project, I will be trying this, thank you for the tutorial and for sharing this with us. I have to say that I love the 'sound' of the papers as you run your fingers around them to adhere them, they sound fab !! I know I'm so sad haha !! I must say that I'm loving the look of the Masquerade Ball papers you have used on here, and also the papers you have used on the video are gorgeous.
    I hope your voice is OK for your workshops, my fingers are crossed for you. Ollie has a lot to 'answer for' haha, but he's been very sharing with his germs haha. I hope you are feeling much better today.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Clare and of course I cannot wait to get my hands on these papers!!! I don't know why it takes us so long to get our papers here but it does!!!! I have such plans for the Midnight Masquerade papers and the Portrait of a Lady papers. Like you I always hate to cut in to them!!! Have a wonderful weekend at Birds in the Barn, I am going to a crop this weekend, looking forward to it. Well I am off to teach my Friday morning craft class. Do take care, hope you are feeling better soon!!!
    Luv, luv, luv,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare
    I hope you are now fully recovered ?
    Gorgeous wonderful work i will watch the video after dinner .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Clare, First things first, sorry to read (and hear) that you are unwell but do so hope that you will soon be feeling much better. I loved your video and the little album and will definitely be giving this "a go". Thank you so much for sharing this. Do take care.
    Margaret A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple and elegant project to take on this weekend. Here's hoping that YOU get the better of the eeeby geebies soon. Keep well. Cheers, Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your video tutorials are so easy to follow. I always know my projects will be a success when I am following your instructions! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September - Kit of the Month

Morning everyone, I'm really excited to be sharing our latest Kit of the Month with you today.  New for September this little Flip Flap album and its co ordinating case has been altered in papers from the Blue Stars collection by Stamperia.  There's a subtle festive feel to the papers and gorgeous whimsical fairies and cut outs adorn the pages. The kit comes with printed instructions and all the elements needed to make up the box, album covers and decorate the pages.  Here's a few more pics of the project.   Take a peek at the full project in the video below:  For more info on what's included in the kit, delivery T  C's and to place your pre-order for this limited stock kit follow the link below:  September Kit of the Month  Thanks for calling by, have a fun filled day and look forward to catching up again wiht our August Giveaway on 4th :-) C

Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Blog Hop

Hi every one  We've got another fun blog hop this week running from 17th -21st December with Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  As always there's an amazing give away on offer so don't forget to leave a comment to be in with a change to win the following:  A Place in Time 12 x 12 paper pad both sets of co-ordinating Place in Time chipboard die-cuts both sets of Place in Time stickers Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Keys Graphic 45 chipboard buttons 3 packs of scrapbook adhesive 3D foam squares  and  a Scrapbook Adhesive MyStik. WOW!!!! Graphic 45 Place in Time Giveaway Prize  For info here's a little more info on Scrapbook Adhesives:  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L(r) has been delivering high quality adhesives to the craft industry for 10 years.  They focus on a complete line of rigorously tested and approved adhesives that are safe for all of your crafts.  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L offer a range of products from high dimension 3D foam to s

What a week!

IndigoBlu Tags  Happy Friday everyone If your a follower of mine you 'll know that I've been off work for a while following an op, but my life as a lady of leisure came to an end this week when I returned to the world of totally british beautiful fast fast cars and ones that go anywhere!!  I had a wonderful welcome back from my colleagues so thanks to everyone for making my first day as good as it was.  I thought I'd feel like the new girl, not able to remember anything, but just like riding a bike it all came flooding back :-) Now I feel like I've not been away lol!!!    I cant deny I'm not pleased its the weekend and I've got time to re charge my batteries before attempting another 5 days on the trot :-)  As I've just joined the IndigoBlu team official this week I thought I'd share a couple of tags with you made with stamps from the  Pomp and Pageantry and Grand Tour 1 plates and the ledger background which I really love.  Tag 1 IndigoBlu