Altered Matchbook Box and Album

I thought I'd share a project with you all that I made with a number of samples for the G45 shows on Create and Craft TV. 

The matchbook box was painted with black acrylic and then lacquered with Royal Coat, Decoupage Finish medium to give it the traditional oriental shine, and the album was made to fit neatly inside.  I wanted to showcase the images from the papers so I made the album black, cut out the images and mounted them straight onto the pages.  I added a little art glitter here and there for a bit of sparkle along with a few tags for journalling and some photo mats for pictures :-) As it was a demo piece there are only four pages in the album but you could add more if you wanted too. 

Altered Matchbook Box 
Birdsong Album 
Birdsong 8 x 8 Album
Birdsong Album - 1st Pageset
Birdsong Album - 2nd Pageset
Birdsong Album - 3rd Pageset
Birdsong Album - 4th Pageset
Birdsong Album - 5th Pageset
Happy paper crafting every one :-) 


  1. Loving this project .....you may have me having ago at this one ,,, you always get my crafting juices flowing :o) ..
    Hugs Mark.

    1. Cheers Mark, have a great Christmas and New Year. Hugs C

  2. Morning Clare, WOW, as always, I am in awe at your work, this is absolutely stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

  3. Oh, goodness. This is lovely. The black is the perfect backdrop for all those beautiful papers. I appreciate that you didn't overwhelm the beautiful images with too many embellishments. Elegant!

  4. Очень красиво ! Альбом - праздник !

  5. That is a great album. I haven't made one for a few months now, I must start one again. Love your blog and Youtube channel.

  6. Love what you have with this beautiful collection.