Skip to main content

Happy 4th July and one for the gents'……..

Altered Shadow Box - Good Ol' Sport 
Helllooooo to you.  It's Friday again here and 4th July :-) How did that come round again so quickly. To all my American friends across the pond have a wonderful 4th July and enjoy your celebrations.   
With football mania touching us all at the moment, I thought I'd share my altered shadow box with you, along with how it came together.  One of the reasons I love working G45 papers is you can bring them to life, lifting the images from both paper sized and combining them to make unique pieces of altered art. 

So if you fancy making one yourself here's how it came together:




Stick the frame together using tacky glue, paint or ink the edges corners and start by building up the background and sides. I scrumped up the news print paper and inked the creases to give it an oldish look before sticking it to the base of the box.
Ad false sides to draw the eye towards the centre of the box and fix them in place using d/s tape 
Cut out your decoupage pieces and using towers of 1/4"chipboard squares build up the centre detail increasing the number of chipboard squares under the pieces as you work forwards to add the layers of images
Decorate the frame of the box with paper and embellishments and stick in place over the tabs on the base

and you're done. One decoupaged shadow box ready to hang on the wall. 

The shadow boxes come in three sizes and are all available over in the 'MDF Blanks to alter' section of my shop at 
I'm going to grab a coffee, run down my little list of today's things to do and then do a quick clean around the house before heading off to the station to pick the sister.  I'm so pleased she'll get to see him before he heads off to the Prom and will share a few pics of him with you over the weekend. Enjoy your Friday too, thanks for calling by and look forward to catching up again :-) C

Comments

  1. It is 11 p.m. here July 3!!! We are celebrating 4th of July here tomorrow, sorry I know we had a bit of a set to with you all but we do celebrate it!! Lol, We finally rec'd some lovely rain here today and hopefully will get more, I am going to stay home tomorrow and work on my projects, finishing up mini albums,etc. etc. Have a lovely visit with your sister, hope you had a great lunch with Aunt Loxie, and do put Harry's photos on here!!!! Thanks for all your talent and sharing with us Clare.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Clare, This shadow box is ideal for today being American Independence Day, and it would be beautiful gracing any wall in the house, I love it !!
    Here's hoping your catch up with Aunt Loxie went well, and I'll bet you are so looking forward to being with your Sister again. So glad she will get to see Harry in his 'finery' before he goes to 'Prom'. Looking forward to your piccies of Harry.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. o wow Clare this is stunning like it very much.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, thanks for the step by step x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shadow box and a great tut.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shadow box and love the tutorial.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fab shadowbox. Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th of July. Love the project :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab project Clare. Love the detail x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant shadow box. The step by step photos and your fussy cutting are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and thanks so much I have a special male card to make for tomorrow EEK! I will use your tut xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good afternoon Clare and what a fab shadow box. I've yet to get my hands on the Good Ol' Sport papers but no doubt that day won't be too far off! Do hope you have a great time with your sister visiting and am really looking forward to seeing those prom pictures. Thanks for sharing todays project and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Take care
    Margaret A.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September - Kit of the Month

Morning everyone, I'm really excited to be sharing our latest Kit of the Month with you today.  New for September this little Flip Flap album and its co ordinating case has been altered in papers from the Blue Stars collection by Stamperia.  There's a subtle festive feel to the papers and gorgeous whimsical fairies and cut outs adorn the pages. The kit comes with printed instructions and all the elements needed to make up the box, album covers and decorate the pages.  Here's a few more pics of the project.   Take a peek at the full project in the video below:  For more info on what's included in the kit, delivery T  C's and to place your pre-order for this limited stock kit follow the link below:  September Kit of the Month  Thanks for calling by, have a fun filled day and look forward to catching up again wiht our August Giveaway on 4th :-) C

Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Blog Hop

Hi every one  We've got another fun blog hop this week running from 17th -21st December with Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  As always there's an amazing give away on offer so don't forget to leave a comment to be in with a change to win the following:  A Place in Time 12 x 12 paper pad both sets of co-ordinating Place in Time chipboard die-cuts both sets of Place in Time stickers Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Keys Graphic 45 chipboard buttons 3 packs of scrapbook adhesive 3D foam squares  and  a Scrapbook Adhesive MyStik. WOW!!!! Graphic 45 Place in Time Giveaway Prize  For info here's a little more info on Scrapbook Adhesives:  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L(r) has been delivering high quality adhesives to the craft industry for 10 years.  They focus on a complete line of rigorously tested and approved adhesives that are safe for all of your crafts.  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L offer a range of products from high dimension 3D foam to s

What a week!

IndigoBlu Tags  Happy Friday everyone If your a follower of mine you 'll know that I've been off work for a while following an op, but my life as a lady of leisure came to an end this week when I returned to the world of totally british beautiful fast fast cars and ones that go anywhere!!  I had a wonderful welcome back from my colleagues so thanks to everyone for making my first day as good as it was.  I thought I'd feel like the new girl, not able to remember anything, but just like riding a bike it all came flooding back :-) Now I feel like I've not been away lol!!!    I cant deny I'm not pleased its the weekend and I've got time to re charge my batteries before attempting another 5 days on the trot :-)  As I've just joined the IndigoBlu team official this week I thought I'd share a couple of tags with you made with stamps from the  Pomp and Pageantry and Grand Tour 1 plates and the ledger background which I really love.  Tag 1 IndigoBlu